Installing Visual Studio Code on Fedora 31
Setting up DVWA
Creating users with Ansible Ad-Hoc commands
Customizing hotkeys on keyboard
Installing WordPress on Ubuntu 19.04
- Installing Visual Studio Code on Fedora 31Install SNAP Microsoft released updates to Visual Studio Code as a SNAP package. Snap is a package management utility similar to apt, yum, or dnf, that is used to install software and any required […]
- Setting up DVWAhttps://youtu.be/6EbdPO3nPmo DVWA ( http://www.dvwa.co.uk/ ) is a very useful tool for learning about web-based security. This is not just useful for hackers, but also for security engineers to learn […]
- Creating users with Ansible Ad-Hoc commandshttps://youtu.be/pr0ZA6pw-jU One of the Ansible modules I was excited to learn about was the user module. With this module we can quickly and easily create and manage users on multiple systems. This […]
- Customizing hotkeys on keyboardI use a Dell keyboard, model Y-U0003-DEL5 that has a string of hotkeys on the top of it. These keys for the most part are useless to me because they are primarily for web browsing (back, forward, […]
- Installing WordPress on Ubuntu 19.04https://youtu.be/2P9KBdkoLF0 Install LAMP Stack To begin installation of the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MariaDB, PHP) we update the apt catalog. Then we select the packages to install. NOTE: We are […]
Risk MitigationAn introduction to risk mitigation in regards to cybersecurity. This includes information on how to identify risks, calculate risks, controls to be implemented, and ways to manage risks in your organization.
Vulnerability AssessmentAn introduction to vulnerability assessment with cybersecurity. What is a vulnerability assessment? Why do I need a vulnerability assessment? How to create and report a vulnerability assessment?
Access ManagementAn introduction to Access Management and how it plays a role into cybersecurity. Including discussions about AAA servers, Access Control Models, RBAC, and best practices.
Securing Mobile and Embedded DevicesAn introduction to Mobile and Embedded devices. What they are, what are some common types of these devices. What types of vulnerabilities they may have. And common best practices for securing them.
Installing Visual Studio Code on Fedora 31A walkthrough of how to install VSCode on Fedora 31. This includes how to install and configure Snap and how to resolve some common issues.
Once installed, the integration with GitHub is mostly seamless.
For directions in written format, check out
Client and Application SecurityAn overview of common issues, and resolutions, of client and application security. Including how to physically secure client PCs and Data Centers, and implementing coding best practices
Using Fusion260 to Create and Print a Snap Fit PivotAn overview of how to use Fusion360 and a 3D printer to create snap-fit pivots. This allows us to create projects with multiple components that need to snap together and rotate / twist.
Inspiration for this project was drawn from:
Python Institute lab 22.214.171.124
Python Institute lab 126.96.36.199
Python Institute lab 188.8.131.52
Python Institute lab 184.108.40.206
Python Institute lab 220.127.116.11